Registration now open!
- Regular competitor admission: $25 for entire day, paid at the door.
- Formation team admission: $100 for entire team if competing as a formation team. Teams only doing performances will get in free. Individual team members competing in other events will also pay $25 admission.
- Spectators age 12 and over: $15 at the door (new lower price!)
- Spectators under 12: free!
- NEW! VIP Table seating: $20 spectators, $25 competitors/person. Tickets paid in advance on a first-come basis and will be on sale in August.
- On-time entry fee: Free!
- Late entry fee: $10 for each request for a single couple.
Email late entry requests to the organizers. There is a $10 per request late fee for changes to one couple’s events. Each separate request for changes (for a change of partner or a different partnership altogether) incurs a $10 fee, as we need to edit the entry/schedule again. Please be aware that it will be much more difficult to accomodate late entries now due to the complexity of scheduling costume changes for all the formation team members. Late entries will be allowed only if it does not impact the schedule. Please avoid disappointment and enter by the deadline.
Note: our online registration system works best with the Opera browser. If you experience any problems, download and use this browser which works on most systems. Get Opera.
Competitor checklist – before the comp:
- Make sure your competitor membership status is current in one of the affiliated amateur organizations (unless you are entering Newcomer events) such as USA Dance (Amateur Athlete membership), BC/CADA or the WDSF. You will need your membership# to fill out our entry form. Bring your membership card with you to the comp and be prepared to show it at the registration desk.
- Familiarize yourself with the latest costume and makeup rules, especially if you are entered in a newcomer, bronze, silver or gold level event. Those not meeting costume requirements will be asked to change. If such request is not honored, the couple’s entry will be cancelled and no refund will be allowed. Here are some recent changes to note:
- Youth, Junior and Pre-teen Syllabus (bronze, silver, gold levels) are NOT PERMITTED to wear costumes. Please see the rule book for costume rules.
- Ladies cannot wear nude-colored leotard bottoms (dance pants).
- Adult and Senior syllabus may wear costumes.
- The Quest for the Best has now split Pre-Teen and Junior events into ages I and II (the same age categories used at regional and national championships). Please refer to the USA DanceSport Rule Book link below for for costuming and other regulations.
- For those intending to enter multiple events, make sure you are allowed to enter them all.
- The partnership can enter no more than two consecutive proficiency levels and/or two consecutive age categories within a dance style at a dance competition.
- Novice is now between Gold and Pre-Champ and couples entering Novice may dance only Gold and Novice or Novice and Pre-Champ.
- Check your proficiency points. A couple shall not compete in any classification below the minimum proficiency level for which they are eligible. Rules have recently changed for 2017 for USA Dance competitors, so that you only count points from the last 3 years of USA Dance sanctioned competitions. Since the Quest for the Best is a registered, but not sanctioned event, you do not accrue proficiency points, so don’t count those. Wins at Nationals count double. For more information, please download the Proficiency Points Guidebook and Rule Book.
- Check out the latest WDSF dress code requirements in the Rulebook. Contact the organizers if you have any further questions.
Bring to the comp when registering:
- Your partner! Both partners must be there to register for an event and pick up your number.
- Both of your current membership cards. Bring these every time!
- Proof that admission was paid at the door…either a ticket stub or hand stamp.
- $5 deposit for the competitor number. This will be refunded when you return the number.