September 30, 2017
Kent Commons 525 4th Ave. N., Kent, WA (see map at page bottom)Preliminary schedule Enter now!
REGISTRATION NOT YET OPEN!
- A full spectrum of all-amateur events for all ages, styles and skill levels including mixed proficiency and formation teams.
- NEW…more events! Mixed proficiency events now include Newcomer through Pre-championship skill levels. Pre-teen and Junior events have been split into Pre-teen I and II and Junior I and II age categories, as they are at regional and national championships. As usual, two to three events will be grouped into one heat when possible.
- We’re gearing the evening session for great spectating featuring our most popular and highest skill level events, including under 21 Championship and formation teams. Refer to the schedule for current start times.
- Optimized for formation teams. Seattle audiences love formation teams, so we’ve moved to a much larger facility to better welcome them. Both competitive or exhibition events offered. Judges marks and comments provided. More info.
- Entry deadline: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 11:59pm.
Important Proficiency Point Rules Change!
- Only points earned over the past 3 years at USA Dance National Qualifying Events (NQEs) or Nationals count. Proficiency points determine the lowest skill level (bronze, Novice, etc.) that you can enter at the Quest for the Best and other USA Dance competitions. Placing in the top 12.5% of couples that danced in an event (in a given Dance Style, Age Category, and Proficiency Level) earns one proficiency point, with a minimum of 8 couples in the event. Two points accrued “points you out” of that skill level. Points are calculated per competition year…from the date of Nationals to Nationals (March/April)…and are awarded to individuals rather than couples.
- Wins at USA Dance Nationals count double, normally making you ineligible to dance at that skill level again in the future, unless you are already at the top level.
- You do not accrue proficiency points at Quest for the Best comps, since they were set up as registered USA Dance competitions rather than sanctioned events. This is a major advantage in gaining important competition experience without the risk of winning your way out of a skill level.
- For more information, download the Proficiency Points System Summary Sheet and Guide.
- Competitors: $25/person, purchased only at the door.
- Spectators over age 12: $15, purchased at the door.
- Youth spectators under age 12: Free..to expose more youth to DanceSport!
The Quest for the Best is organized by committee. Please call or email Laurel Preston at 425-641-6699 and questions will be referred to the appropriate person.
Kent Commons 525 4th Ave. N., Kent, WA
(In downtown Kent near the Kent Station Shopping Center and ShoWare Center).