- A full spectrum of all-amateur events for all ages, styles and skill levels including mixed proficiency and formation teams.
- Mixed proficiency events now include Newcomer through Pre-championship skill levels. Pre-teen and Junior events have been split into Pre-teen I and II and Junior I and II age categories, as they are at regional and national championships.
- We’re gearing the evening session for great spectating featuring our most popular and highest skill level events, including under 21 Championship and formation teams. Refer to the schedule for current start times.
- Optimized for formation teams. Seattle audiences love formation teams, so we’ve moved to a much larger facility to better welcome them. Both competitive or exhibition events offered. Judges marks and comments provided. More info.
- Entry deadline: Thursday, September 20, 2018, 11:59pm.
Important Proficiency Point Rules Change!
- Only points earned over the past 3 years at USA Dance National Qualifying Events (NQEs) or Nationals count. Proficiency points determine the lowest skill level (bronze, Novice, etc.) that you can enter at the Quest for the Best and other USA Dance competitions. Placing in the top 12.5% of couples that danced in an event (in a given Dance Style, Age Category, and Proficiency Level) earns one proficiency point, with a minimum of 8 couples in the event. Two points accrued “points you out” of that skill level. Points are calculated per competition year…from the date of Nationals to Nationals (March/April)…and are awarded to individuals rather than couples.
- Wins at USA Dance Nationals count double, normally making you ineligible to dance at that skill level again in the future, unless you are already at the top level.
- You do not accrue proficiency points at Quest for the Best comps, since they were set up as registered USA Dance competitions rather than sanctioned events. This is a major advantage in gaining important competition experience without the risk of winning your way out of a skill level.
- For more information, download the Proficiency Points System Summary Sheet and Guide.
Please note new pricing format.
- Competitors: $25/person, purchased only at the door, $35/person at VIP tables*.
- Spectators over age 12: $15 standard seating, purchased at the door, $25/person at VIP tables*.
- Youth spectators under age 12: Free in standard seating areas, $25 at VIP tables. USA Dance Seattle offers this in order to expose more youth to DanceSport!
NEW…VIP tables !
Four VIP tables, each seating 6 will be available for pre-sale on a first-come basis. See the VIP tables webpage for more information.
Kent Commons 525 4th Ave. N., Kent, WA
(In downtown Kent near the Kent Station Shopping Center and ShoWare Center).